Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A to Z: F is for Fire

For A to Z 2015 I will be posting flash fiction, all random, all the crazy musings of a crazy mind. Hope you like them.
 
F is for Fire
No one knows where the fire came from, which is strange, since they seem to know most everything else, or suspect it. They know about the barn at least, and how I let the cows out that night last week. And they know I stopped-up Old Man McGregor’s well. They came to me, all of them with their accusations and their threats. But not after the fire, even though the lowing cows had hidden the sound of the flames and they couldn’t put it out because there was no water in the well. 
 
-Mel

22 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's on a deep dark level. Your theme gets better and better. I'm loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, don't get on her (his?) bad side. Great story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did he/she do it? I want to know! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your dark flash fiction!! Keep it up!!

    Precious Monsters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love flash fiction and this got me laughing hard. My dark sense of humor I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and so much unexplained mystery. Now I'll think about this off and one all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy voice and vibe here throughout- well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that's really dark and creepy. I like it. :-)

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cows mysteriously in the pasture is the best part. Tender heart with arsonistic bend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's keep him (?) away from the matches, shall we :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great mystery in your flash fiction.
    Hope you are enjoying the A to Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very intriguing...following!
    This is an idea I might try...bet it gets your creative juices flowing!

    Shelly from A to Z Blogging at www.nebraskafamilytimes.blogspot.com (wtih the theme "Words Matter") and www.achristianmomsguide.blogspot.com (with the theme "Lifehacks for Christian Moms).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I usually do a bit of flash each day before I work on my longer pieces.

      Delete
  13. And as usual, I'm left wishing there was more to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beauty, and another bit of flash fiction I could see you taking much, much further!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like he had a nefarious plan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, the fire. After the cows and the well? The fire was the plan all along!

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete