Thursday, April 16, 2015

A to Z: N is for Narcissist

For A to Z 2015 I will be posting flash fiction, all random, all the crazy musings of a crazy mind. Hope you like them.

N is for Narcissist*

There are three hundred-sixty-five days in a year, twenty-four hours in a day, sixty minutes in an hour and sixty seconds in those minutes. If you’re average, eight hours of those minutes and seconds are spent sleeping. But I’m not average. I can make it all happen on five. Which means three additional hours, or one hundred-eighty minutes, or ten thousand eight hundred seconds and that’s just one day. Imagine adding up a whole year. You’re talking three million, nine hundred forty-two thousand additional seconds of me, doing my thing. No wonder I’m so much better than you.
                                                                                          
-Mel

*In case you’re offended, this is a work of fiction. J

18 comments:

  1. But I bet you're more tired than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I could slap that narcissist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiction but then maybe I do sleep too much - dreaming of being heroic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you are sure one heck of a lot better in math than I am and that is just not a narcissist's rambling braggadocio statement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I was totally going along with this up until the last sentence! I would just want that extra time to get things done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last sentence made it all clear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, but I use my common sense and get enough sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually don't get 8 but it's close. Five is really unhealthy for most people but I bet you couldn't convince this character of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha- I love that you added in that this piece was fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ☺ Great piece. Too bad I love sleep so much. I didn't realized I was depriving the world of greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, you pretty much nailed that. I can so see that as a brief monologue in a script. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty sure everyone who needs less sleep than I do is better than me. For sure they get more done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, talk about a superiority complex! I wonder what great works he's doing in those hours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't remember the specifics but Arnold Schwarzenegger says he only sleeps a couple of hours a night because he wants to be able to get more done. I'm not sure that's a good life, though. Sleep is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! Love it! So, what your'e saying that if I actually think like this I'm a narcissist? I thought it just meant I was confident *winks*

    Scribbles From Jenn - Visiting from the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute post. You had me right up until the last line. I've actually been researching narcissistic personality disorder for one of my characters. I just dropped by from the challenge to say hi, and am glad I did. I will be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete