Friday, April 17, 2015

A to Z: O is for Others

For A to Z 2015 I will be posting flash fiction, all random, all the crazy musings of a crazy mind. Hope you like them.

O is for others

The world doesn’t see them, the others who linger in the shadows, just past where their eyes reach. That type of seeing is only in their souls. But it’s enough; enough to make them turn, enough to make them walk faster, relaying in their mind that it was nothing, nothing, all the while knowing that it’s not. It’s easier that way; easier to go about their day, their work, their lives, easier to forget that the others are watching them. Watching and waiting.


-Mel

11 comments:

  1. J here, stopping by from the #atozchallenge 2015!
    Great post. I'm following you on your listed social media sites. Congratulations on making it past the first half.
    @JLenniDorner
    Ooooh, spooky! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, very creepy! I like it. It's true that most people dismiss something that they can't explain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A chill up my spine - I love it. Very well crafted. The question is, what are the others waiting for and what happens when their time comes?
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like someone is watching me and I need to keep looking over my shoulder while reading this. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ::shudder: - what are they waiting for, why are they watching? It's the not knowing that is so scary!
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles
    FB3X
    Wittegen Press

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was creepy good. I was going to mentioned the movie The Others too. It reminded me of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spooky and creepy. Have me looking over my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that feeling..."just past where their eyes reach". It isn't a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "eyes" have it - Big brother is all around us :)

    ReplyDelete