Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Indie Life


Second Wednesday Each Month
 
Today is the second Wednesday of the month, which makes it Indie time. To me, Indie means all things unique and different. Want to publish only ebooks? Fine. Want your novels to be under 30,000 words? No problem. Want your chapters to all be a single page (I silently raise my hand)? Go for it. But that’s just formatting, nuts and bolts type of things. The spirit of Indie goes way beyond that. Who says a book has to be a book at all? Why can’t it be a Youtube video? People have that app on their devices same as they have Nook or Kindle. Truly, in this age there are no rules. In the spirit of that, I’m announcing that a short story of mine will be released on Youtube in January, storytelling style. I’ll be posting more details as the time gets closer.

Indie means the freedom to be creative. And when you’re basking in that, great things can happen.  


-Mel

9 comments:

  1. Indie definitely gives us a ton of freedom. I love your idea about telling a story via Youtube. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really interesting project for January. You'll be a groundbreaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Innovative way to do a book - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember "Choose Your Own Adventure" books? Someone may have come up with this, but wouldn't that be a great idea for an app? A book that people can navigate around by clicking links?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, and you're right--that would be perfect!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait! I love Youtube. Wishing you lots of fun with that and look forward to joining you in January. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds exciting. Look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Melanie-how fabulous~ I am excited for you..can't wait~

    ReplyDelete