Wednesday, December 7, 2016

IWSG: December

First Wednesday of the Month


Today is the first Wednesday of the month, making it IWSG time. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and co-hosts for putting this on each month. It’s a safe place to be authentic and vulnerable in regards to this crazy thing called writing.

Usually writing takes a major backseat for me in December. In a typical year I’ve just completed NaNo, therefore am completely burnt out, but it’s more than that. For our family, all of December is Christmas. We go caroling, make cookies, decorate like crazy; the list goes on and on. And while that part is still true this year, for the first time in six years I did not participate in NaNo. I still feel fresh and excited when it comes to this whole writing thing. Not that I’m working on a project, personally. Producing and publishing Ubooks has taken and will take up most of my time. It’s more a wanting to write, an excitement about it. I’ve had an idea for a middle grade story for a long time now. The story is there, but the main character isn’t. I’ve tried just about everything, but I can’t quite get the make-up of who this person should be. Just recently I took a job on a children’s psychiatric unit—hopefully I’ll find some inspiration there.

How are your projects going? Ever been stuck like me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment